#ThrowbackThursday: September 7, 1912 via the Whitefish Pilot:
NEW ROAD TO BE CONSTRUCTED
In order to make the way of the tourist easier in Glacier Park, the Great Northern R.R. secured permission from the government to construct a thirty five mile road from Glacier Park station to St. Mary's Lake. The work has been completed and the railway has established a one day automobile tour between these places. Two comfortable four-passenger touring cars have been placed in this service.